[Ravensfort] Olivia's request...was...Cooking Schedule for GW 13

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 01:23:54 PST 2004

Heilsa Olivia...

I am sorry to tell you that I cannot "set aside" a guaranteed
camping space for you at Gulf War. The reasons for that are
listed below. There *may* be a spot available in Raven's Fort /
Kiersted but it is chancy at best.

As regards the Ravens Fort / Kiersted campsite at Gulf War...I
posted to you privately (that entire exchange is quoted below
this letter) that camping space is limited. It was also on the
"General Disclaimer" at the bottom of every camper roster that
was posted to the RF list.

============re-post of General Disclaimer=================

General Disclaimer

-----
NOTE THIS!!: You MUST PRE-REGISTER to be able to camp in
RF/Kiersted. Land allotment is based on pre-registered numbers
**only**.

The only exception is if a non-preregistered person is
sleeping in *your* pre-registered space allotment **NO** "bleed
over of space" allowed.

So tell your friends and neighbors...if you show up at Gulf War
13 and you are not pre-registered and expect to camp with Raven's
Fort or Kiersted **it will not happen**.

As well, if someone does somehow manage to set up camp in
RF/Kiersted as a non-preregistered person...you *will* be
required to vacate the spot and the camp.
-----

=========end re-post of General Disclaimer==============

 The *only* people that have an actual *reserved* spot are those
that pre-registered. There were a couple of cancelations...but
those folks either un-registered and their land is "gone" or they
requested that their space be given to other people that asked
them personally for the space.

The problem stems from the "land policy" set by the Gulf War
Staff. Each pre-registered camper gets **ONLY 150 SQUARE FEET**
that is a 10x15 "footprint"...! There is *sometimes* an allowance
for a common area and/or dining fly...but even that is *not
assured*.

You are certainly welcome to check with us at Gulf War...but be
forewarned...even though it may look like we have "plenty of
room" that is not the case...! There will be folks arriving all
week up to the final day...and they *will* receive their alloted
space since they paid for it in advance. If we somehow get more
space than we pre-registered for, that land will be available...
But, it is not a "guaranteed camping space".

This is not by my choice...it is the policy of the Gulf War Staff
forced on me/us.

Your good neighbor...

Kief

========

--- "Olivia G. Rodrigues" <ladyoliviar at lycos.com> wrote:
> Hiya Kief!
>
> Did you put me down for some tent space at GW13?  I'm still
> working on getting there, and, if I make it I'll probably be
> coming in on Tuesday night.
>
> Olivia

+++++++++repost of letter to Olivia++++++++