[Ravensfort] Fw: Crown Tournament Thanks

Lady Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd isobail at ev1.net
Thu May 6 14:31:25 PDT 2004

Greetings-

There are many people that I need to thank for all their help and support in making our 51st Crown Tournament a success.  Without everyone this past weekend would have been just a muddy mess and not the memorable tournament it became.

Your Majesties Miguel and Conal -you gave me the opportunity to Steward my first event and for that I am grateful.

Your Excellencies Niklas and Kezia-from the beginning when I came to you with the idea of submitting a bit for Raven's Fort to host this event you have been there with help and support.  When I had questions I knew I could come to you and get the answers I needed.

Sir Kief-my wonderful Co-Steward--you answered my many questions, reminded me of things that needed to be done and reassured me when I most needed it.

HL Dolfin-without you and your crew we would not have been fed.  You did a fantastic job and the food was hot and delicious.

Lady Caitlin-your servers did a wonderful job.  They navigated the mud with true grace and skill.

The Scarlet Sisters-although we had an over abundance of water from the sky all of you made sure that we had water/Gatorade to drink and fruit/pickles to eat.

Mistress Lorraine and Lady Mary-you kept me on track with what I needed to do and made sure that I took the time to eat and drink.

HE Brian-you and your crew put on a wonderful nobles lunch.  It had a nice variety of foods and was enjoyed by all who partook.  In addition you mowed, marked our pavilion boundaries, and hauled water-thank you for everything you did.

Lady Catherine-our gate went smoothly due to you and those who sat shifts.

Lord Devin-you decorating of the List Field looked wonderful even when the skies opened up and "liquid sunshine" fell upon us all.

The Baron's Men-you put on a wonderful performance and didn't let the weather "dampen" you spirits in any way.

The Populace of Raven's Fort-this event would not have happened without you.  When I first came to our Populace meeting and said I would like to submit a bid for this event you were ready to help in any way possible.

And last but certainly not least my husband Lord Balda.  You went above and beyond the call of duty-you were with me though everything; the bid planning, the waiting, the phone calls, the hours I spent on the computer (and not with you), the last minute details, the stressing about the weather, etc.  In addition to all of this support you did hours and hours of work on our site/feast tokens.  I don't think they ever would have been finished without you.

There were many others who worked throughout the weekend to help make this event successful-whether it was putting up tents, moving tables, cooking/serving feast, sitting gate, helping to get vehicles out of the mud, or anything else.  Even though you may not be specifically named but know that your work did not go unnoticed-without everyone's help Crown Tournament would not have gone as smoothly as it did.

In Service I Remain...

Lady Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd

Steward Crown Tournament

---