[Ravensfort] Texas Archeology Month Presentation

David Hoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Mon Oct 11 07:04:21 PDT 2004

My goodness!  I'm back on the list!  Thanks, Mel!  It sort of makes my
eyes well up.... :-)

Following is the info on the presentation that I'd mentioned at
populous.

Regards,

dsd

The Sam Houston Memorial Museum celebrates Texas Archaeology Month with
a presentation, "Denbigh: Archaeology of a Civil War Blockade Runner."
http://samhouston.memorial.museum/News/denbigh.shtml

On Tuesday, October 19 at the Katy & E. Don Walker,Sr. Education Center,
1402 19th Street, 7 p.m., J. Barto Arnold, of the Institute of Nautical
Archaeology at Texas A & M University will lecture on the Denbigh
project.

The Denbigh was one of the most successful blockade runners of the
American Civil War and was the last to clear a Confederate port. The
remains of the ship are situated off Galveston Island. It is the only
blockade runner to be excavated in the Gulf of Mexico.

For more information call Sandra Rogers at 294-4712 or the Museum at
294-1832.