[Ravensfort] Name for event

Paul Gilbert niklas at pbgilbert.net
Tue Oct 12 14:12:35 PDT 2004

This is a real rough outline.

We can extend the time line up if we need to gain some flexibility.

However, we want to keep in the theme area of the Castle and Fort.

We will be having several meetings over the next several months a meetings
via email to hash out the particulars of the event.

Armand and I want this event to knock the socks off folks when they attend.

The only other site in the Kingdom that has more "coolness" than the Castle
at Jones country is the Bryn Gwlad site. But it was developed by a
multi-millionaire that uses it for personal activities as well as allowing
the BG SCA group to use. It is really cool!

Alot of the planning will be held via email. I am going to see if we can
set up a Yahoo or maybe a group on the kingdom server for that purpose. I
will find out this week.

Stay tuned......more to come.

Niklas

At 10:31 PM 10/11/04 -0500, you wrote:
>The event was set for a time period of .... 1300's - 1400's. " High
>Persona-play"
>
>It was talked about at this past Round Table. Niklas and I thought it
>would be a great idea for our baronies to show some unity and remind
>other groups that they can co-event anytime.
>
>The 'rough' set-up consisted of :
>Bordermarch handling gate and the rapier scenario.
>
>Ravensfort handling feast, perhaps the chivalric with a pas.. set up by
>the 'company of the grail'??
>
>Archery would be welcomed.... but no one has yet to be designated to run
>it. Any Volunteers?
>
>An Arts and Science display was encouraged.... any volunteers??
>
>No equestrian was planned, yet a ladies croquet game was thought of.
>
>Bardic was most needed at night, under the stars.
>and Feasting within the walls of a castle... with 75-100 prepaid.
>
>That was all I had wrote down....
>
>forgive us, with some demos and Autumn Melees approaching fast.... time
>has literally flown by.
>also wanted to get past Defender as well... before really making concrete
>plans.
>
>basically... a laid back "fun event" with a touch of old magic that
>started in the early days of Ansteorra.
>Perhaps if anyone had any old banners that have been forgotten, would
>love to see them.
>Childrens quest would be fun to partake in.
>A puppet show?
>
>What would all of you like to see?
>
>February 25-27th are the dates scheduled.
>
>Some pavilions/tents would not be a bad idea....perhaps 9-10 in case of
>really cold weather.
>As for event stewards.... I think Malcolm of Ravensfort was going to be
>the one, with Selina of Bordermarch as a co-steward. Basically both
>Seneschals.
>
>ever your friend,
>         Armand
>    Baron of Bordermarch

Paul Gilbert,   KE5ZW                       H.E. Niklas Vasilevich,
niklas at pbgilbert.net                     Baron of The Barony Raven's Fort
936-714-3198 cellular                    Kingdom of Ansteorra

                Texas Dept. of Transportation,  Radio Operation's
                        Cedar Park, Texas   512-506-5141
                                 pgilber at dot.state.tx.us

                    "What day of the week is it as to where I
am....."