[Ravensfort] Stargate Baronial...

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 17:06:30 PDT 2005

It was a beautiful day. I arrived 9:30ish, saw that Lord Thorkin and Lady Katrina were already
setting up their booth and was quickly found by Lady Isobail. She guided me around the site to
where she, Lady Catherine and Lord Gregor had put up my pavilion and were in the process of
putting up Catherine's. We ended up with a few extra's...Mistress Rondinella, Baroness Kathri and
HL Etiene. HE Brian was not far behind...

The site was wonderfully decorated. The kitchen was of particular interest, the outside "wall" was
decorated with baskets and kitchen implements. The hall hung gaily with banners. Around the list
field there were garlands of flowers draped across pavilions and down poles.

Their Excellencies Godwin and Elisena did a brief opening court to start activities off. And the
fighting began. Their de-vestiture and the investiture were delayed unavoidably by a few hours.
Their Next-elencies were nervously awaiting their enhancement in their new finery. Their Majesties
arrived and set up in a flurry of activity then all other activity halted and people gathered on
the list field to witness this Occaision of State. The Prince and Princess also were in attendance
with their beautiful tow headed daughters as were many Landeds, Peers and Nobles...

As Godwin and Elisena released their charges...many emotions flowed...Godwin called for the
Current and Former Landeds to come take his Lady. We gathered around her and escorted her across
the field. A group of Templars (including HE Brian) came to gather Godwin to go journeying...

Their Majesties then called Master Ihon and his lady HL Isobeau to come take charge of the Barony.
Ihon was heralded in and explained that though he was present...his bride would soon be coming
from Aquitaine...the call went up as she and her companions rode up on horse back...as she rode
into court she was accompanied by a choir who sang of her history...it was quite a
spectacle...very beautiful and very moving...

The rest of court went...as courts go...one highlight is that Sir Godwin achieved a Court Barony,
which is not unusual after a term as Baron...but the highlight was that his Scroll was one that
Lady Catherine had produced.

I was not as good at sitting still this event as I had been at Queen's Champion...but I did try to
keep track of my two Brians as they fought. HE Brian asked to fight for me on the heavy field, and
of course I accepted...and I stood with Lady Eryn in support of our Baronial Cavalier Don Brian
many times that day.

I got to visit with many people most friend and family to me, including HE Signy, who said to tell
everyone hello!...Isobail kept watch on me. Catherine spent the majority of the day at the scribes
table...Gregor spent most of the day heralding, and Brian fought. Miribilis also showed up and set
up booth...she seemed to have many new items in her shop. Thorkin and Katrina seemed to do well in
their shop.

Closing court was grand. And we had a bonus...Lady Catherine won the A&S competition!!!

The feast was hearty. The garlic soup well received and much meat for carnivours...(smile) the
chickens were cooked so tender that you could easily pull them apart.

The evening's bardic was run by HL Katarina (our Kat) and was one of the best I'd have the
pleasure of hearing in a very long time...and close to midnight...I wondered my way home...tired
but happy that the day went so well!

Lorraine
Vicaress