[Ravensfort] a day in the shadowlands

dj scooter lddevin03 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 07:59:13 PDT 2005

greetings all...

if you were unable to attend the shadowlands
event this weekend, you missed a wonderful time.
the day was perfect with blue skies and sunshine,
and a slight breeze kept it fairly cool. we all
know how hot it is during an ansteorran summer!
several traveled there for the event. HE Brian du
Val, James the Just (he fought for the first time
in a tourney, and did well...VIVAT!), Danny, and
of course the baronial flower Amelia. we also had
HE Chrystal, Lady Klar, Lady Catherine and Lord
Gregor. The Vicaress was there as well and was
ever so fun to hang around with.
both James and HE Brian fought in the tourney. He
Chrystal showed her skill on the rapier field and
won two pairings. Lady Klar and I sat inside
doing bead work and folks came by to oggle the
stuff, as well as her Majesty. she picked out a
cross that i put on a rosary, ultimatly that
rosary went to her Highness. Lady Catherine and I
put stuff in the A&S display/competition. she put
her scroll work and i put my rosarys (at the
urging of Mistress Hillary). we did not win, but
our entrys were mentioned in court.
i gave to her Majesty a blue rosary, to his
Majesty a chaplet, and to her Highness a rosary.
I will make another chaplet for his Highness.
we had a good time. feast was wonderful. and they
honoured the people who won each of the lists. i
dont remember any of them, but it was a nice
court. then we rounded out the eveining with a
play that was really funny called "the sure bet",
it was improvised acting from a rough outline. it
was well done and everyone enjoyed it.

i know that is brief, but if you want to enjoy
such things, then travel with us! we always have
room for more.

in service.
lord devin (daimhin)

i cannot follow you my love,