[Ravensfort] An Apology, Some New Information, and a Reminder

Lady Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd isobail at ev1.net
Thu Aug 18 21:11:48 PDT 2005

Greetings Ravens Fort--

First for the Reminder.....

There will be a site work day on Saturday (August 20th).  Our two major
areas of focus are the Showers and the Kitchen.
Please remember that it is August in Ansteorra and the weather is forecasted
to be hot and humid--Drink Plenty of water......
At this moment I'm planning on opening the site around 8 am.  I hope to see
as many people as can make it there.

Now for the New Information.....

Some of you already know this, but on Friday afternoon (August 12th) I was
hit with a change in my teaching position.

Due to numbers one of our 5th grade teachers had to be moved to 4th
grade--the one that was chosen was from my teaching team.  This resulted
from my teaching only Math to now teaching Math and Science (both of these
areas fall under the State TAKS testing program and my Math students MUST
pass this test to go onto 6th Grade) School opened on Wednesday and has been
one of the most stressful openings I've had (this was my 13th start of
school).

We also debuted the use of a new web-based grade book program for the entire
district--I'm one of the trainers, but due to unknown errors at the district
level I can't currently access my grade book (or all the student information
it contains--I have my class lists and that is about it).  And I'm the only
one in the District without currently without access. :-(

I'm hoping that the year is going to get easier but who knows when that is
going to happen.......

And that leads to the Apology....

I know that email has been sent that, I haven't responded to (I've gotten it
just haven't had time to read/respond to it); that there are details for
Defender I should have handled by now, that haven't been done; and people I
need to remind about getting things done, that I haven't....for this I
apologize.  School is Demanding all of my time for the foreseeable future.

I'm hoping to have everything caught up this weekend after I leave site on
Saturday.  At least that is the current plan......

In Service I Remain....
Lady Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd