[Ravensfort] motto?

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 10:29:34 PST 2005

Heilsa all...

Brian is, of course, correct. It was originally supposed to have
been transliterated to the runic Elder Futhark when it was
"registered" with the Ansteorran College of Heralds. If I'm not
badly mistaken the banner we have of our Baronial Achievement has
the Motto scribed on it utilizing the Elder Futhark...

"THE RAVEN CONQUERS ALL BY RIGHT" An interesting play on words
and reality, not on the might of our Baronial fighting forces,
but on the fact that ravens, as carrion eaters, represent Death
which does "conquer all" in the end... A fact that few
remember...

Your good neighbor...

Kief

p.s. Orle...well questioned. Please inquire as to the "why" of
the continued non-registration of our Motto and Achievement.

Your partner in heraldic mischief...*wheeeee*

Gullinkambi Herald...former Star Principal Herald

======