[Ravensfort] The Loch Event...

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 22:46:02 PST 2005

 I was having a hard time getting motivated Saturday morning....
  I didn't leave my house to get to Kief's till after 8am. When I got
  there I found him under the weather and so proceeded to the Loch
  event on my own.

  Since it was just me going, and I didn't need to be there to make
  sure that anyone was there in time for tourney and no one would
  be waiting on me to set up a presence, I wondered along and stopped
  at Garage Sales and Junque shops along the way. I was dressed in garb
  and may have recruited at least one person for Gates Edge.

  I had mistakenly thought that the event was at Camwood...and when I got  there the gates were locked...I called Kief and got the directions to  the correct
  site and sped off.

  Seven Dollars (for Beltway 8) and an hour and a half later I arrived at the
  event. It was south of Houston in Pearland/Clearlake.

  The first person I saw was Master Spyder. I spoke to him and hugged him.
  He informed me that he would attempt to make it to Stargate Yule.

  I then went to the gate and saw Duke Ulsted sitting gate. I got signed in and
  started to get situated.

  I did not avail myself of the many classes but spend most of my time socializing.

  I saw many people I hadn't seen in a while. Countess Rebecca and Count  Galen were there with their daughter and one of her schoolmates. Their  Squire Meliora was there with her 3 week old girl, Meredith.Meredith is  a doll.

  Centurian Mu was there and he was the impetus of getting Spyder out.

  I had missed the taking of a cadet by our recent former Cavalier, Don Brian. He
  took Baron William's son Brian as a Cadet.

  I saw our former members Master Robert and HE Katrina. I also saw our soon to be members Lady Giovanna and Lord Pace.

  Our recent former Ravenskald, Mestrinde Annes, in her guise as Zelda  won the sonnet competition. It was a beautiful piece based on her love  of her lord.

  Even with the socializing I got a "viking hat" cut and sewn by  court...so I was at least a litte bit productive. I also had a  wonderful discussion with Baron Ihon about the topics he was  considering bringing up in his populace meetings.

  Dinner was excellent. I sat across from Master Galen and his children  and next to Lady Elizabetta Maria (of Gates Edge) and a Lady Giovanna  new to our kingdom. Our table particularly was fond of the candied  orange and lemon peals. There was also wild boar, homemade bread, rice  pudding and a wonderful nut pie. Between Their Majesties and Their  Excellencies Loch calling up bards of many different ilk...there was no  end to the entertainment.

  Giovanna and Pace generously offered to allow me to spend the night so  that I did not drive home late. I stayed and helped with take down and  then spent a
  wonderful evening in their home...talking til midnight. The next morning we had
  even more wonderful discussions on many topics...I am absolutely certain that
  they will be a excellent addition to our Barony. I am looking forward to them
  being up here full time!

  Lorraine