[Ravensfort] Your (good) rant and some answers...was...motto?

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 10:53:53 PST 2005

Heilsa Mirabelis et al...

Mirabelis...I am **not** attacking you... You are doing a lot of
good things in the SCA and this letter shows your true concern
for this Barony and the direction we need to take...

You did ask some questions in your recent letter... So...here
goes...

While your letter was spot on for the most part and reflects the
feelings that most folk have about the Barony and our
future...there are a few points that I would like to address.

No...we *cannot* "just all get along"... Why? Simply because
there are those few people out there that by their mere presence
aggrevate other people...and, of course, those people know this
and do everything they can to "stir the excrement" with little
"comments" and "symbolic acts" as well as "casual
confrontation"... That is one of the reasons that a lot of folks
don't show up for populace meetings...

While there is "personal conflict" involved in this...and
how...I, for one, have vowed to keep my own "personal conflicts"
outside the context of the SCA...

That being said...there are several people that were...and are
continuing to be...the source of the problem. What is the problem
you ask... Isn't it all "personal conflicts"...? No...there is a
small group of malcontents that started and continue to spread
lies, create confrontational situations, and have vowed to "run
_______ out of the SCA"... To that small group of malcontents
it's all about "having their own way"..."power to do what I/we
please"...and this is a telling quotation..."...to use the
Barony's money to throw a big party for my friends"...

In context...it's the old "if I can't win fairly...I'll create as
much trouble and conflict as possible (not personally...but using
stooges to do the "dirty work") until my "oppressers" all get
disgusted and leave" ploy... It's use of the old Marxist "big
lie" that almost always works...and it has, to a certain extent,
worked here in the Barony... Witness your own letter...

If you want to see the facts...the real facts...I'll discuss them
with you personally...with witnesses and evidence...to give you a
view of the truth...what really happened and why...

The only problem with this current move to "forgive and forget"
is that the deeds done by the small group of malcontents were
made against numerous Peers of the Realm...Regional and Kingdom
Officers...and a past Crown. And the misdeeds and misdirection
have not stopped since...and has stretched as far as the SCA's
Board of Directors...

You know...it's a fact that if someone tells a lie long enough
and loud enough...that they start to believe it... Of course this
only works if there is no one to contradict the lies...

Now, this is where I come in (please note the singular "I"
here)... All I wanted waaaaaay back when was straightforward,
factual answers to several questions concerning serious
allegations publically made by the "malcontents"... Those
questions were never answered. Then began the vicious personal
attacks against myself, my family, and my friends...and the rest
is history.

So...to make a long letter even longer... **I** will **never**
forget nor forgive the actions of the malcontents within our
Barony...unless and until they either answer the original
questions...or recant and publically apologize for all the grief
they have caused for so many over the past several years...

Perhaps then the "malcontents" can start to rebuild their
mainstream SCA lives...rather than their own "private fantasy
land pseudo-SCA existance"....

Harsh words? Perhaps... But you asked questions in your
letter...and I have never been shy about answering questions...

The Truth is out there...all anyone has to do is seek out those
that have the evidence.

You good neighbor...

Kief av Kiersted

=======