[Ravensfort] motto?

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 18:26:24 PST 2005

Heilsa,

  I've personally put in the paperwork directly to Mistress Serena when  she was doing the registration and to Ulf when he was and to  others...I'm sure Lord Magnus also has...

  I'm kinda amazed that the info keeps getting lost...3 times for me...at  least once for Magnus...and gods know how many times for previous  heralds...I know I've seen copies of the registered achievement list in  the past that included Raven's Fort...

  I guess this also means that my registered achievement and Kief's are  also "lost" since I did them at the same time...sigh...I guess it's  just one of the "prices" we pay for having an all volunteer  organization...

  sometimes I wish we could have paid positions to archive paperwork other than at the corporate level....!

Kief av Kiersted <sirkief at yahoo.com> wrote:  Heilsa all...

Brian is, of course, correct. It was originally supposed to have
been transliterated to the runic Elder Futhark when it was
"registered" with the Ansteorran College of Heralds. If I'm not
badly mistaken the banner we have of our Baronial Achievement has
the Motto scribed on it utilizing the Elder Futhark...

"THE RAVEN CONQUERS ALL BY RIGHT" An interesting play on words
and reality, not on the might of our Baronial fighting forces,
but on the fact that ravens, as carrion eaters, represent Death
which does "conquer all" in the end... A fact that few
remember...

Your good neighbor...

Kief

p.s. Orle...well questioned. Please inquire as to the "why" of
the continued non-registration of our Motto and Achievement.

Your partner in heraldic mischief...*wheeeee*

Gullinkambi Herald...former Star Principal Herald

======