[Ravensfort] Volunteering for Gate Shifts at Ravensmarch

RJ Allen chrystalamacruari at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 21:42:28 PST 2005

Greetings unto the RavensMarch, Raven's Fort & Bordermarch e-mail lists!
Lady Elizabeth had a wonderful suggestion to help fill gate shifts: Anyone sitting a gate shift will receive Volunteers Points for their chosen side from HL Annes who is running the Volunteers Point at the upcoming RavensMarch event. Details are copied below from HL Annes, Kingdom Historian.

regards, Chrystal Ariana MacRuari, co-gate shift coordinator

If you are *not* familiar with how the volunteers at Gulf War are rewarded for their work and how they contribute to their chosen side winning the war, please read the rest of this missive.

Here is how my area works.

Just as at Gulf War, the volunteers sign in at the volunteer coordinator's point and declare which side their hours are to be counted towards. I give them a card to keep track of where and how many hours they volunteer.

Then they go off to do whatever area they intend to volunteer in. When they are finished with their volunteer time in that area, they give a card to the coordinator of that area, such as yourself, to sign that they did complete the number of hours shown.

When they return to the volunteer coordinator's area, I collect their card, tally up their hours, give them a token to wear for every 2 hours they have volunteered, and give them a raffle ticket for each hour they have volunteered.

After court, we put all the tickets into a big bag and start drawing out tickets until all the prizes from my table are gone. The more hours someone volunteers the better their chances of winning.

At Gulf War, this accomplishes 5 things.

First, volunteers are rewarded by having a visible and attactive token of the amount of service they donated to display about their person and to have as a keepsake.

Second, the volunteers have the opportunity for physical "goodies" for having performed service thru the raffle.

Third, the event is virtually assured of enough volunteers in all areas to get the event done
smoothly.

Fourth, one side or the other will receive a "war point" for being the side that had more volunteer hours declared for them.

Fifth, the volunteers have the satisfaction of actually being a "part" of the war and help their
chosen side win.

HL Annes

~peace~love~empathy~