[Ravensfort] Thoughts on May event

rachel luce rachel_luce1975 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 16:48:09 PST 2005

Amen sister. More time between events means a  better more thought out and enjoyable event for everyone.
                                                      -Xanthe

Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd <isobail at ev1.net> wrote:

Greetings—

I have waited awhile to voice my opinion about our May event and as I have read through what has already been posted I see that I am not alone in my thoughts.

It is my belief that the May event be canceled, I feel this way for several reasons.

   It occurs just 10 weeks after our RavensMarch event (not a long time at all from a planning viewpoint)
   Currently there is NO autocrat for the event and no one has submitted bids for the event
   Many of the SAME people have played MAJOR roles in our last several events and need a break (not only to deal with other SCA responsibilities, but personal home and family ones)
   the two championships normally decided in the Spring can easily be moved to Defender

We need to take this time and work on our group as a whole—building teamwork, getting more people involved in activities, taking care of each other.

This may be a good time for anyone interested in Autocrating Defender to step up and submit a bid/budget to the Financial Committee.  Just think how wonderfully planned the event could be with decisions being made 6 months in advance.

Just my $0.02

In Service I Remain…..

Lady Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd