[Ravensfort] Thoughts on May event

Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd isobail at ev1.net
Wed Feb 9 19:05:25 PST 2005

answered privately

Isobail

   _____

From: loveofhalesworth [mailto:loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 7:36 PM
To: isobail at ev1.net; The Barony of Ravensfort
Subject: Re: [Ravensfort] Thoughts on May event

Let me clarify two of the points made below. Yes, there is a bid worked up
and someone who would like to be Autocrat!

In Service, Love of Halesworth

Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd <isobail at ev1.net> wrote:

Greetings—

I have waited awhile to voice my opinion about our May event and as I have
read through what has already been posted I see that I am not alone in my
thoughts.

It is my belief that the May event be canceled, I feel this way for several
reasons.

1.	It occurs just 10 weeks after our RavensMarch event (not a long time
at all from a planning viewpoint)

2.	Currently there is NO autocrat for the event and no one has
submitted bids for the event

3.	Many of the SAME people have played MAJOR roles in our last several
events and need a break (not only to deal with other SCA responsibilities,
but personal home and family ones)

4.	the two championships normally decided in the Spring can easily be
moved to Defender

We need to take this time and work on our group as a whole—building
teamwork, getting more people involved in activities, taking care of each
other.

This may be a good time for anyone interested in Autocrating Defender to
step up and submit a bid/budget to the Financial Committee.  Just think how
wonderfully planned the event could be with decisions being made 6 months in
advance.

Just my $0.02

In Service I Remain…..

Lady Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd