[Ravensfort] If you are thinking about entering A & S competitions this spring!

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 18:08:24 PST 2005

It would be a really good idea to peruse our Kingdom's A & S web page

http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/minister_as/

There are 3 main pages off this page:

The Handbook for the Artisan's of Ansteorra - which gives good information and advice on many aspects of participation in the Arts and Sciences in Ansteorra.

The State of the Arts - which is the Ansteorran Laurel's web page. It has some great articles...and you can "peruse" the visages of the Laurels at your will...so you can spot them for advice later...and my personal favorite link off the page is..."Information about the Order of the Laurel" - which has several articles from all over the Known World on what a Peer is and what is expected of one...

And last but not least...Handbooks for the Local, Regional, and Kingdom A& S Officers and Deputies....which you might peruse if you ever think about becoming an A& S officer...(m'lady Love has at least a year til the end of ther tenure and I'm sure will get even better in her job as she grows in the SCA....but one of these years she will grow tired of the office and will wish for many capeble applicants...

Other Kingdom's A & S Judging criteria - just to give you ideas...

http://artsci.calontir-rush.org/  - click on judging criteria

http://www.moas.artemisia.sca.org/handbook/handbook.htm - the Judging Criteria is toward the bottom of the page in a PDF

http://www.moas.artemisia.sca.org/rules-98.htm - an HTML version of of the 1998 criteria for Artemisia...

http://www.drachenwald.sca.org/files/a&s/criteria/ - similar to the Calontir's and the Middle's but just as well put together....