[Ravensfort] Probablilty

David R. Hoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Tue Jul 5 15:41:10 PDT 2005

http://www.uh.edu/engines/epi1072.htm

Blame it on Vegas.  I just got back.

About six months ago I read something in a Fung Shui book about attracting money and good fortune.  It said to put a 'water feature' near your front door.  Since the dog kept chewing on the electric cord of the one I had out back on the patio, I figured what the heck.  It's been a good run so far and Vegas wasn't any different!  I didn't get rich, but, by cracky, I am one monkey who is now listening!  :)

Quantum physics is the science of possibilities.  It says anything is possible and remains so until forced into a 'reality'.  So, what does the forcing?  Could be me, could be you, could be a errant comet, or two tons of fresh cow milk on a slick highway.  Anything 'could' happen until it bumps up against the reality of what does happen.  So reality is the buzzard in the windshield.  Or not.

It's you and I who determine the 'experience' reality. That's pretty obvious. If you accept this, then the question arises, do we also create reality?  Quantum physics has cracked the egg a bit.  It says, you bet we do.  With every thought and every action.  That's the surprising part.  The absolutely, incredibly unfathomable part that's turned quantum physicist on their head.  If YOU want it to happen, and dwell on it long enough, consciously or unconsciously, good, bad, negative, or positive, chances are it's probably gonna happen....

So, maybe my 'water feature' actually does work and for no other reason than because I believe in it.  That's fairly inspiring stuff!

Anyway, Probability Theory.  That's the tie-in.  Looks like slightly post-period some serious discussion was going on into 'dice and death'.  What's gonna happen?  When will I die?  What is possible and what is probable?  Can answers be inferred, or predicted? Questions we still struggle with and we haven't quite answered.  Not likely figure out to soon, either.  Hence the human drama and the mystery behind the curtain.

I'll try to stay on topic next time.  This one was just way too much fun!

regards,
dsd

required viewing for anyone on the path to enlightenment:
http://www.whatthebleep.com/
http://www.whatthebleep.com/crystals/ (read the fifth paragraph)
....Hastings has it....
I dare you to watch it.... :)