[Ravensfort] Round Table/Red Tape

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 21:30:34 PDT 2005

Lady Isobail and Miestrende Annes had responded early to my e-mail query on
the Raven's Fort list, so, we had all arranged to ride up to Dragon's Fire Tor
together. We determined that we would go up early Friday night so Isobail would
be rested for her first Great Officer's of State (GOofS) meeting.

We of course stopped at Woody's Smokehouse in Centerville to provision for
the rest of the trip. We had a grand time talking and looking at the
                      small towns we   went through on the way to Stephenville. We  checked in the
motel and had an amazing Italian supper  at the resturant next door to the motel.
We then perused the local dollar store and Walmart. After returning to the motel
we hurried to get in the hot tub and found Lady Caley, Lord Gavin and Lady Catriona
from Seawinds there. Later that night I joined the Seawinders
                                              in patronizing the resturant bar...we found it
loaded with locals doing karioke...
we were highly entertained.

The next day we went to the college early because Rondinella and Isobail had to be
in the Financial Committee meeting. We found HE Niklas and HE Kezia inside the

building. Annes, and I socialized with Niklas and Kezia and other people as they arrived
...and ended up in the large lecture hall to be used for the GOofS meeting. I was surprized to
find out that Duke Ulsted was there. He had risen to the challenge of being Treasurer of his local
group...so was there to take the Treasurer's Classes.

I attended the GOoFS meeting and took notes. I also attended the Seneschals meeting. I then
hung around socializing till lunch was ready.

Lunch was wonderful. It was sandwiches on homemade bread, homemade cookies, and other
accompanyments...it was prepared by one of Raven's Fort's former members, HL Lyonnette.

After lunch I wondered around and saw Lord Gregor in the Herald's Warranting class. My next
obligation was the B&B meeting with the Crown. While waiting for my meeting I was treated to an
impromptu costume class by Mistress Rondinella.

My first B&B meeting was interesting. His Majesty asked our opinions on several topics, including
how we thought the Gulf War gifts should be handled. He also answered our questions.

At the end of the day many of us went to Hard 8 BBQ. It's a resturant where you buy your
meat by the pound off the grill. I had a pork chop...it was over 2 inches thick and very
tender. Being full, we retired to the motel for more hot-tubbing and left the next morning for
home. Though not a standard event it is "the" event to get the best information on how the SCA
runs and meet the people who maintain our Kingdom. The next one is in January...hope to see
ya'll there!

Lorraine DeerSlayer