[Ravensfort] Forward from Lord Malcolm

Ed erichrabe at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 03:11:31 PDT 2005

(Please note Lord Erich has stepped away from the
computer and loaned it to me. My computer is currently
down due to server problems.)

Greetings to all,

First, when I read Lady Loves posting to the list in
response of H.E. Brian du Val's posting I got a
different interpretation than H.E. Loraines
Deerslayer's. I interpreted the assistance that was
offered by Lady Love to be on workdays not the event
day itself. I believe the tasks that H.E. Brian du Val
listed were many with only one being marshaling. All
other tasks would be done before the event day on
baronial workdays, as stated in his posting.

Second, Lady Love never volunteered to work 3 gate
shifts. I (Malcolm de Crauford) was the person that
volunteered to work 3 gate shifts. I did this because
I might have to work and the task that I could do
would be limited.

Third, I would like to thank Lady Love for
volunteering to help with many tasks. Volunteers are
so hard to find these days. The volunteer rates have
been falling for months and frankly we need all the
help we can get. I also know that Lady Love has
followed through on many tasks and has gotten the job
completed. Granted sometimes her techniques are
different, but never the less the job was completed.

Fourth, the offer to host a party at her house on the
9 th of July was a generous offer. Not everyone has
the money to travel to Coronation in the Waco/Mart
area. Of course everyone wishes to support Crown and
our good friend H.L. Annes on her Pelican, but they
may not have the funds to make the trip.

Fifth, communication is very important. If you read
someone’s posting, please read it in the most pleasant
way possible. Try to keep it in a positive light when
responding. Please keep personality conflicts totally
out of it. When personality conflicts enter into a
problem, they can be key factors in how the problem
will escalate. When some people read an email, they
can not see the emotion behind the computer keyboard
on the opposite side. Many things can be
misinterpreted and could be taken as yelling,
rudeness, being sarcastic, and many other things that
they’re not meant to be.

Finally, this game, hobby, or life style is meant to
be fun and educational. I think many people have taken
their focus off the main goals of the SCA. I would
refer everyone back to the main SCA website and invite
all to read up and familiarize themselves with the
goals and charter of this wonderful organization. I
think a few of us have lost sight of those goals.
Sometimes it best to start with the basics.

In Service to the Dream, Kingdom, and Barony,
Lord Malcolm de Crauford
Seneschal of Raven’s Fort