[Ravensfort] Lady Love and the volunteer question

Jeremy Meaux j_meaux at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 22:03:28 PDT 2005

Lady Love,

First and foremost I do not think anyone in the barony
does not think you volunteer, as you are apt to
announce this every time you do step forward to do
something. Could this possibly be the reason people
see you as self serving, rather than you just going
out and doing some work. Second, most people who help
at events are recognized and often get perks, such as
those who serve feast get to eat free.

Many people in this barony contribute to the
betterment of the whole. I have seen selfless acts
done by many. One that stands out is seeing Three
ladies, Baron Brian and myself put up Two big green
tents in high winds. These ladies never asked for
special recognition, and honestly and sadly I do not
think they ever got any. But they did it because it
had to be done and never shouted about doing it.

I see over and over that you say or announce your
doing this or that but have yet to see your first
obligation that you volunteered for, and that is the
office of Minister of Arts and Sciences. I have only
seen you announce one class yet we have a wealth of
knowledge and skill in this barony that would
gratefully share their skills. I myself have offered a
class and unfortunately had to cancel due to my
schedule and a conflict with the demo that was
announced months before I set a date. Will I teach a
class, yes but it will have to wait until further
obligations to the barony and the vicaress are
satisfied. This being additional firestrikers I have
promised to the gift baskets for coronation. Did you
or anyone know I made fifteen for Gulf Wars, probably
not since I did them for the barony and not for my own
word fame.

Just some food for thought.
and since your for titles

i am
Lord jean-michel de Meaux
AoA, Silver Serpent, Feather of Honor, Order of the
Talon, Sable Thistle of Ansteorra, Former Captain of
the Guard-Ravens Fort. Silver Thunder, brown rose,
cyan and green and red cords, Tidal Thunder Chieftain,
Squire to Vicar Sir/Master Arenvald Kief av Kiersted -
Baron Ravens Fort. and Lady in waiting to HE Chrystal