[Ravensfort] Brew Day Get Together

Mirabelis mirabelis at kindled-spirits.com
Mon Jun 20 21:15:36 PDT 2005

Greetings to the Barony of Ravensfort

John the Kiwi cordially invites those interested parties to Kiwi's first
brew day. The time, somewhere between 10 and 11 am at Kiwi's house.
Please email Kiwi at kiwicomputing.com for details or call Kiwi on 936 264
4366 for directions and such.

This is Kiwi's first time to brew alone (hopefully Zork will be back for
the weekend), so all experienced campaigners will be welcomed with open
arms. I'm hoping to be serving some oatmeal stout throughout the day.
But my beer is stuck in a keg and I don't have any bubbles to get it
out, or a fridge for that matter so I'll have to grab some ice. Anyone
able to help me with this problem? It will be a long hot day.

As well as brewing beer, the brewers guild will be discussing what we
will be doing for Ravensfort Defender come September - Anyone know any
good Bards?

I've checked the official SCA FAQ for the rules regarding the serving of
alcohol at events, http://sca.org/docs/scafaq.pdf , does anyone else have
anything to add, any comments and/or any general words of advice
regarding alcohol and the Barony of Ravensfort? Feedback would be very
welcome.

I would be particularly interested from the Senechal and the Vicar and
Vicaress on this to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. I would
hate to turn up to Defender only to find I hadn't dotted my T's and
crossed my I's the right way!

We are hoping to have some sort of brew off, perhaps by popular vote
(anyone know any qualified brew judges?). What do I need to do get this
on the Defender agenda (try saying that 10 times quickly)? Anyone know
where the drinking horn or vessel that was handed out to the last
Ravensfort Brewmeister is now? Is it available to hand out to the winner
at this year's Defender?

This brings me to our most pressing issue, right now there is the lack
of a tavern area for us to use. Now that the barony has ownership of the
previous tavern area we find ourselves landless, this is especially
important with cleanup weekends approaching and we still don't know
where to clean.

So if anyone has some land to donate I would like to hear from you.
Mirabelis and myself are hoping to somehow combine her Persian Oasis
(daytime)with the tavern (night time), but this would require a spot
somewhere near the down town.

What is the previous Tavern area going to be used for? Would Mirabelis
and myself be able to use that area? I'm assuming that the area in
question is now owned by the barony, would anyone be interested in using
that area as a tavern again this year as we did last year? Is there a
better plan for it than the serving of period beer, surely there isn't a
better plan than that!?

We had a great time at that site last year with lots people and room to
fire spin, cooking for folks and belly dancing. In fact, if you remember
that party well then you weren't really there! So if you have anything
to contribute or suggestions we would love to hear from you.

I guess being a landless bastard peasant has its drawbacks at times.

Have a day and Vivat Ravensfort!

John the Kiwi

www.johnthekiwi.com