[Ravensfort] Volunteer Feast and Help

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 15 16:55:25 PDT 2005

Lady Love,

--- loveofhalesworth <loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I will help you do anything you need to do. Just tell me and I will do it. For you anything.

It is very admirable that you will assist HE Brian in the things he will be doing for the event. I
didn't even know you were an authorized marshal...wow...Looks like you have now committed to
assisting him in all his endeavours...hope you are rested when you help...he moves as quick as I
do! It'll be a long haul...especially since you also have commitments to the event in regard to
the A&S competition and sitting gate...didn't you volunteer for 3 gate shifts along with Ld Erich
and Ld Malcom...thank you for all your promised and current service to the Barony!!!!

> Now> to the others. I offered to host a volunteer luncheon and was told I need to make it
private so > I am going to do just that.

I would like to clarify things for the populace...since this got posted to the main Raven's Fort
list...Lady Love was going to do a volunteer luncheon...but since we had not set when feast was
(there was a possiblity of it being early) and due to possible conflicts with where she wished to
have it...it was suggested by ME that since it was privately sponsored (ie not sponsored by the
Barony but wholy bought and made by Lady Love, m'lord Johan - her husband, and Alrec - her son
Troy) that it be done in a private area - ie a campsite - so as not to cause conflict with space
for the things that the Barony has committed to for the event. She then retracted the offer so as
not to be in conflict.

>I have never invited much of anyone into my mundane life but that is
> about to change. I would like to invite anyone who actually works events to a very special
> crawfish and shrimp boil to be hosted by me on July 9, 2005. Garb is optional but this is in
> appreciation for everyone who has done the work and no one has ever said thank you. This will be
> held near the Cleveland area by Love!!!!!!!! Come on out and join me for a special event to
> thank the volunteers, I want you to know that I appreciate everything that you have ever done to
> help out. Bring your tents because if you drink to much then you might as well camp out. I wish
> to be singing with you till the wee hours of the morning. I know most of you have never heard me
> sing since I don't know any period song but I >  promise to sing you to sleep or just sing for
>you this weekend. Everything from food to drink > will be supplied. If you wish to join the fun
>please feel free to email me for directions as I > will give directions from which ever direction
>you are coming from.

This is a very gracious and generous offer...unfortunatly it conflicts with Coronation and many
members of the Barony who work the events and many of those from other groups who usually assist
the Barony will be in attendance at Coronation, supporting the Barony through supporting the
Crown. (and supporting our Bardic Champion!!!HL Annes is getting a Pelican!!!!)

If I might suggest...It might better serve the Barony and the people who do help to put on the
events to serve supper or lunch at one of the work weekends...we wouldn't be able to camp...but it
would seem to serve the purpose you wish to achieve....whatcha think? Might even bring more people
to a work weekend...

In service to Ansteorra through service to Raven's Fort

Lorraine
Vicaress Raven's Fort