[rfofficers] Re: [Ravensfort] Volunteer Feast and Help

loveofhalesworth loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 18:55:50 PDT 2005

First of all let me give clarification for the people that you said you have heard from!!!!!! (I have already heard from several people that they feel that you purposely scheduled things in a manner so as directly conflict with something that I'm promoting.)
I have to order the crawfish several weeks in advance to get the discounted price. And if I order now then the earliest I can pick them up will be July 6th. And since the next closest Saturday was July 9 that is the reason I picked that date. I had no clue that it was the weekend of Coronation, but since the time of posting that date I was informed by a friend that I had already promised to attend Coronation with them I am going to have to reschedule the date of the Crawfish boil. Because I always keep my promises no matter what. I was told by a very wise old gentleman many years ago (my grandfather) that the one thing you have in this life to count on is your word never but never give your word unless you plan on seeing it thru and I live by that. I was also taught to be generous and to be honorable as not to go around spreading lies. In fact, for those of you who really know me know I totally despise people who lie. And rumors are nothing more than lies. So, I gave my word to Brian
 and I will keep that word, and help him in his endeavors. But the point was I had no idea that it was Coronation and anyone who thinks that I do something out of selfish reasons really doesn't know me at all. In fact if they are saying that then they don't even know anything about me much less know me personally. I am real sure I know exactly who these people are but really don't care either to be perfectly honest. Obviously they feel the need to speard rumors (lies) and I really feel very sorry for them. At the moment the crawfish boil will be put on hold as I have other commitments to honor on that same day.
I didn't email anyone on the gate shift. Yes, I agreed to sit a gate shift with Malcolm but have not seen a gate list yet. I did not put my responsibilities off on someone else. Malcolm wanted to make sure that we got the shift together and since he may have to work he called (not emailed) the person over gate as to be sure he got shifts at the time he would be available. Now the miscommunication was not mine as far as that was concerned. And at no time did anyone ever suggest that 3 people sit one gate shift. He simply told her I wanted to sit gate with him if there was a problem with this she could of simply emailed me for clarification or confirmation. In fact, always in the past I have volunteered for gate and given email confirmation, and had I know the gate list was already being formed I would of probably already emailed about it, but I no longer volunteer for three gate shifts since the gate shifts have been extended to 3 hours and less people are needed.
And last but not least everything I have ever offered to do or host or donate is simply because I like playing this game and I want to help this Barony as much as possible. And sometimes I wish to help honor others who do the work. Let's face it without the people who do the work no event is ever going to take place. And sometimes we need to honor them to let them know how important they are to this game! The Nobles receive a luncheon at every event to honor them and that is great but what about all the others who work just as hard? This was the whole point. If I was to hold this at workday then it would still defeat the purpose since it was to honor all volunteers that work at our event and not all volunteers can come out to our workdays. Volunteers include the waterbearer's and Chirurgeon everyone whom comes to help our event to be as special as it can be. And we have other volunteers that come from other Baronies to help that will not be at a workday.

Love

L T <ldeerslayer at yahoo.com> wrote:
Lady Love,

I think you have much misunderstood. Though you admonish mee to "not assume" , I believe that you
have made some erroneous assumptions. The biggest of which is that you assume I hate you...and I
do not hate you!!!!!

I do appreciate many of the things you have done. I know we have different ways of looking at
things. I also know that because of your youth in the SCA there is much you do not know about how
things work and how to make things work effectively in the SCA. For your entire year and 9 months
in the SCA I have done my utmost to assist you in fitting in and educating you so that your road
might be easier than the one I traveled in this Orgainization and so that you can do your job
effectively as an Officer of Raven's Fort. I'm sorry that you have misconstrued me and have taken
my guidance as negative.

I appologize for the misunderstanding concerning you sitting at gate. When I last heard form HE
Chrystal, from what she understood from an e-mail from Lord Malcom, was that all three of you has
requested to sit gate together all three shifts...I will check my facts better in the future...and
I suggest that when you volunteer for something that you directly contact the person in charge
rather than relying on others to do it for you , so that you will know that what you intend is
crystal clear.

I think if you re-read your post to HE Brian (et al) that you may see where I misunderstood your
intent, your language was unclear. I know that HE Brian needs assistance in all his endeavours
(as we all do in our work for the Barony especially in event prep) and even if you are not able to
assist him at the event, I'm sure that since you are a person of honour that you will make good
your promise to assist him with all the work he has committed to previous to the event.

In regard to your party, you may have a private party on your own land anytime you wish. I
understand that your wish to help volunteerism in the group by feeding people...but I think there
are times that you can do this that will better serve your intend and the Barony (like a work
weekend so as to draw in more people to work) and rather than against something I as Vicaress
have been promoting for months as a Baronial Activity. I personally did not take offense - MY
take on it was that you just did not think things through and that you are as yet unexperienced as
to how to know what will provide the most benefit to the Barony. I know your heart was in the
right place. On the other hand, I have already heard from several people that they feel that you
purposely scheduled things in a manner so as directly conflict with something that I'm promoting.
I'm sure this is not the case. I'm sure that you have the best of intentions.

With hope of clarity

HE Lorraine

http://mail.yahoo.com