[Ravensfort] work week ends

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 05:58:40 PDT 2005

Heilsa Plachoya and our good and true Raven's Forters and
neighbors all...

The first scheduled workday for Defender 2005 is 23 JULY if my
memory serves me correctly.

We are going to be focusing on the kitchen (cleaning, filling in
any gaps in the floor, sealing the floor, installing sink(s),
etc.), moving the showers, picking up fallen limbs, perhaps
working on the front gate area, repairing any of the tables that
need repair...and other items that will be announced by the
Steward Isobail...Grand Herder of Catamounts and the Keeper of a
Semi-Wild Balda...

Brian will certainly need assistance in completing the Reviewing
Stand. He will provide a list of needed tasks as the Reviewing
Stand nears completion. (Depending on his days off the dates for
Reviewing Stand work may vary!)

Any clean up of personal / group campsites as well as Raven's
Fort Commons (list fields and environs, equestrian field,
merchant and BFT areas, feast and court areas, kitchen, storage,
shower, bonfire, parking, and the Stones areas) can be started
and/or completed at this time. If needful Sunday 24 JULY will
also be a workday.

We will have, hopefully, one or two generators on-site, various
power and hand tools, ladders, 16ft trailer, and other tools as
brought or needed.

Maybe some painting and staining of structures and fixtures can
be accomplished.

The BBQ pit needs to be cleaned and with luck a test run on
various meats can be accomplished to feed the volunteers. Cool
water and cold drink will be provided. Bring your own favorite
beverages and foodstuffs...!

Two queries: Do we need to rent a port-a-privy for the
day/weekend? Would filled showers be a "good thing" just in case
the JULY Ansteorran weather turns out a tad warmish?

Commentary? Suggestions? Volunteers?

Your good neighbor...

Kief