[Ravensfort] Medieval time, or timelessness....

David R. Hoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Mon Mar 28 09:15:13 PST 2005

http://www.uh.edu/engines/epi986.htm

It's hard for us to imagine a world outside the fast paced, time driven world of our own, but for our period counterparts, time really did not exist, not as we know it.  Theirs was more an eternal 'present' guided by the seasons rather than the day, hour, or minute.  Strange to think, but for those of you who have ever "time slipped" into "the moment" at an event or gotten caught up in the "reality" of character play, I would say, you may have been closer to a medieval reality, a true medieval "moment" than you think....

take a listen,

regards,
dsd