[Ravensfort] Group Project Proposal

loveofhalesworth loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 11:31:09 PST 2005

Lady Catherine I think that would be a wonderful idea! You can count on me to help in any way I can. Please let me know when and where and I will be there with bells on, LOL!!!!

In Service, Love

"Corbisier, Barbara L" <barb at tamu.edu> wrote:
I humbly submit the following for your consideration: the Ansteorran gate at
Pennsic SUCKS.

Strong words, but take a look at the evidence:

The East Kingdom Pennsic Gate:
http://groups.msn.com/jimvincentsphotos/pennsicwar292000.msnw?
action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=35

The Midrealm Fountain (bear in mind this is LARGER than life-size!)
http://pennsicindependent.com/book/view/75?
PHPSESSID=9d9b655446c50cc517e6f3b5dea0ffac

The Miridies Gate (9 down on the thumbnails on the left):
http://www.pennsic.net/cgi-bin/pennsic/photos01.cgi?cat=camps

Trimaris:
Same page as Miridies, second to last

Midrealm gate:
Same page, just above Trimaris

Atlantia:
http://www.jordanclan.net/pics/PennsicXXXIII.html
At the end, scroll down

Just a few examples that I found in a few minutes of searching. I couldn't
find a picture of Ansteorra's gate. Why, you may ask? Because Ansteorra
doesn't have anything. There is nothing to take a picture of. I went in
search of Ansteorra Royal a few years back, and went by it several times
because there wasn't anything there to indicate that it was a royal
encampment. This is certainly not displaying the glory of Ansteorra at the
largest event in the Known World. Therefore, I propose the following:

Raven's Fort should create a gate for the Pennsic royal encampment. This
could take the form of a wind wall, so it could be easily transported and
put up/taken down. We could get started on this immediately and have it
done in time to present it to the new King & Queen at coronation in July.
We could do large banners with Ansteorra's device to go on either side of
the entrance, and then paint the devices of all the baronies of Ansteorra on
the other sections of the wall (I'm not intentionally dissing shires, but I
don't believe there's enough room).

Gregor and I could bring up the wall with us when we go to Pennsic, so
transportation shouldn't be a concern.

So there's the proposal, what does everybody think?

In service,
-Lady Catherine Barbary

http://mail.yahoo.com