[Ravensfort] From the Knight Marshal. (spell checked version) :o)

Brian du Val cobalt60 at lcc.net
Tue May 17 20:01:21 PDT 2005

Unto the populace of Raven's Fort do I send these greetings.

    As some of you may know I have been promoted to Captain.

Not only is this a big step for me and my wife Ayla and our daughter,

but it is also a lot of responsibility. I am responsible for 26 employees,

300 offenders, a 3.5 million dollar budget and a broken down department

that will be remodeled in Feb 2006. I have grown to respect the administrative

people who I know, on a whole new level.

    With this new responsibility I find my time is limited and I must decide how to

manage it more carefully.  The Warden who I work for is a good one and expects his

Department heads to do their jobs right and has no tolerance for rule infractions or

negligence of duty.

    I have been working for this promotion for many years now and finally have the

opportunity to show what I have and can do!

    With all that said, I will need to resign my office after Defender of the Fort this September. I have one deputy who needs to get a new authorization card and only one other member of the barony currently possesses a heavy weapons authorization card.

Does any one see a problem here? The rapier community is only slightly better.

    I also will need to relinquish my authority as the Baronial Quartermaster.

    I will however continue to maintain the Baronial Historians office if the

Barony wants me to.

If any one wants to work with me as a deputy in either of the two offices that I have to

let go please call, e-mail or talk to me. The Seneschal, Regional Officer, and the V&V will need any letters of intent that may be sent. The Knights marshal warrant will expire just before Defender of the Fort. I will hold on to the office untill then.

                                           Yours,

                                                        Brian