[Ravensfort] do you wanna dance?

jacinth jacinth at mail.ev1.net
Tue Oct 4 14:16:18 PDT 2005

Dear Friends,

I have been approached concerning the restarting dance practice.  I am
wondering what the current interest level is in this.  I would be glad to
hear what everyone thinks about this (hint-- this is your cue to hit the
reply button).

One thing that we need to keep in mind here, the longer you wait between
practices, the more you forget and have to relearn.  Ideally, we should have
weekly meetings, but I think that this is asking a bit much.  I would aim for
two a month.  From experience, I think that is the most dance our group
can take at any given time without falling behind too much.

My current thought is this... we need at least 6 people for rudimentary
English Country Dance (which is what most people find friendliest to learn,
as well as pretty fun).  I only need 2 or 3 for most Italian (my favorites,
but not as interesting to everyone -- don't know why).  Old Measures
can be done with 2.  Most circle bransles can be done with any number,
but seem to work better when you have at least 3.

If you don't know what any of the above means, but want to... then you
need to come to a dance practice.

If there is an interest, then I will work out dates and locations.  If there
isn't, then back to the drawing board.  I am a little rusty, but I'd like to
fix this.

So, what do you think?  If you haven't already replied, now is your cue to
do so... ;)

Warmest Regards,
-Jacinth-