[Ravensfort] New regalia

Corbisier, Barbara L barb at tamu.edu
Sun Oct 23 21:54:08 PDT 2005

Greetings, all!

We're going to have a polling, and you know what happens after a polling--that's right, an
investiture.  Give yourselves a bonus point for the right answer.

Investitures generally involve things like coronets and other regalia, like cloaks or other nifty things
like that.  Raven's Fort doesn't have these things handy, so we need to get/make them.

What ideas do people have for coronets?  I'd like to see something really spiffy that incorporates the
parts of our Baronial device.  I'm thinking garnets (red stones), moonstones (for the white circle on
the device), and supporters of ravens (on either side of the stones holding them up).

Capes--same basic question.  What do you think would make the Barony look best while on the
backs of our new Baron & Baroness?  (That didn't come out quite right.  But I think you all know what
I mean.) I think something in black with a red/white crenelated border (the "castle wall") around the
edge, and the device appliqued in the middle.  Any preferences for fabric type?

What other regalia ideas do you have?  We'll need boxes for the coronets, some new cushions would
be nice, etc.

Let's get the ideas going and get some volunteers!  This is our opportunity to shine in front of the
Kingdom, so let's make the most of it!

In service,
Lady Catherine Barbary
Seneschal, Raven's Fort

--
Orationem pulchram non habens, scribo ista linea in lingua Latina.