[Ravensfort] Raven's Fort Defender of the Fort--Thank yous...

Lady Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd isobail at ev1.net
Sun Sep 18 21:29:02 PDT 2005

Greetings--

There are MANY people that I need to thank for their help at our recent
Defender of the Fort. Without them this event would not have been an
enjoyable experience.

Their Excellencies Lorraine and Kief
I thank you for the opportunity to serve our Barony by Stewarding this
event.  You were always ready with support and guidance when needed.

Lord Gregor Elfingstone
You served as my Co-Steward and were willing to do whatever was necessary to
keep the event running smoothly.  In addition you helped keep us entertained
in court with your duties as Herald and displayed your Bardic abilities when
you won our Bardic competition.

Lady Moira
Thank you for volunteering to serve as Chirurgeon-in-Charge on very short
notice.

Lady Giovanna
You and your crew made sure that we all were well hydrated with water and
Gatorade.  Without you the heat and would have been much more difficult to
handle.

Mistress Hillary
Thanks go to you for the calligraphy work on our Championship  scrolls.

Lady Jane and Lady Mary
Your Hat Lunch was wonderful.  The two of you put a lot of thought and work
into the menu and its preparation and it showed in how wonderful everything
tasted.

Lady Clarissima and HL Jacinth
You and your crew worked to pull together a wonderful feast.  That was
delicious and made from period recopies.

HE Brian du Val
Without your hard work we wouldn't have any water for the horses, showers,
or kitchens.  You also organized the work to get the Reviewing stand set-up
and draped with fabric so that Their Excellencies could have shade during
the day.

Don Brian MaCale, Sir Alexis, Lady Alwyn, Mesterinde Annes, Lady Calena, HE
Brian du Val, Lord Gavin, HL Playchoya, Lord Ivan
Whether you were our Champion, Officer, or a friend you stepped up and
assisted us in what ever manner was needed to have our Championship
competitions run smoothly.

"THE GORILLAS"
No matter what it was you moved it, put it up, took it down, and moved it
again (if necessary).  If you assistance was needed one only had to call for
a GORILLA and you came and toted and carried without complaint.  And somehow
you still managed to find the time to "climb" complete work on a Mead Hall.

Lord Balda
As my husband your assistance on this event started LONG before this
weekend.  Not only were you my sounding board for ideas, you painted over
half of the site tokens,  helped keep me with many other details, and are
part of "THE GORILLAS" -- Without you I couldn't have done this....

In Service I Remain....
Lady Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd
Steward- Defender XXIII