[Ravensfort] stargate event

Dominique Epps blueingreen at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 13 22:54:01 PDT 2006

Zork and I are looking very hard at attending it...
  OK, we'll be there, the only things I can see stopping us are tsunami, hurricanes and giant lizards attacking the kingdom.
  And I have a new Asian style tablecloth in the baronial colors( black  and red on off white) to try out and share with everyone :)!
  Kitsune

"david b." <lddevin03 at yahoo.com> wrote:  greetings...

is anyone going to this from the barony? just
wondering. let me know if you are

devin

Stargate Baronial 2006
"Travels with Marco Polo"

Join the Barony of the Stargate on our new
weekend - April 21-23 - at
Camp Camwood in Hockley TX as we decide our new
Chivalric, Youth Boffer,
Rapier, Youth Rapier, Archery, Equestrian and
Children's Champions at
Stargate Baronial 2006. The event site opens at
6:00 pm Friday, and
closes 2:00 pm Sunday. Merchants are welcome -
please contact co-steward
Lady Maria at scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net.

Come to the exotic Orient as we follow in the
footsteps of Marco Polo!
Shop our bazaars overflowing with unusual wares ~
Feast on foods from
faraway lands ~ Marvel at contests of strength
and skill ~ Be
entertained by Dancers and Bards ~ Wear Oriental
garb and win largesse ~ Bring
Kites to fly in the Oriental style ~ Join us for
a Day to Remember!

Site fees: Adult 13 & over, $10; Child 6-12, $5;
5 & under free; Family
Max, $30. Feast fees: Adult 13 & over, $8; Child
12 and under free;
Special Children's Feast available.  Make Checks
Payable To:  SCA, Inc.,
Barony of the Stargate. ACCEPS available. Site is
Wet in Period
Containers ~ Beer & Wine Only.

Directions from I 45:  Take the Spring Cypress /
FM 2920 exit off I-45.
Go WEST on FM 2920 about 13 miles to Hwy 249. Do
not turn ~ continue on
FM 2920 about 8 miles, to Robert's Cemetery. Turn
right, go 3 miles to
the STOP Sign. Turn LEFT on Magnolia/Nichols
Sawmill Road. Go 1.5 miles
to Clear Creek Rd. and turn RIGHT. Camp Camwood's
entrance is a short
way down on the RIGHT.

Directions from Hwy 290: From 290, take Hegar Rd.
exit. Go NORTH on
Hegar Rd. for 5.5 miles, through the stoplight at
FM 2920, to the
intersection with Magnolia Rd. Bear RIGHT onto
Magnolia Rd. (easy to miss ~
watch for SCA sign). Go 2.4 miles and turn LEFT
onto Clear Creek Rd.. Camp
Camwood is a short way down on the RIGHT.