[Ravensfort] OT - Origami style scrapbook workshop, May 11th, RSVP

Berta Allen bertasdragonfly at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 07:56:51 PDT 2006

Greetings to the list, (pardon the 'mundane' overtones...)

  Thursday, May 11th from 6pm - 10pm, there will be a workshop at the Fire Station #2 (where we have our monthly populace mtgs) to learn how to make what are sometimes called 'squash' books (also 'accordian' books, 'origami' books, etc) These books may be used as scrapbooks, autograph books, just about anything you can find a use for & once you learn how to construct one, you can make them any size you want or need.

  The lady running the workshop, Deanna Irwin is a former co-worker of mine & she also does 'Closer to my Heart' scrap booking & stamping which is a supplier of scrap booking/stamping supplies & materials.

  I have asked her to find as 'period-looking paper' as possible (jewel tone; hand made looking; medieval/renaissance looking, etc) The fee for this workshop will be determined by the paper she is able to find. She will have 'sets' pre-made so that all we do is put them together. She will also have written instructions so that you may create your own set from scratch later. We will need an RSVP from anyone interested in attending this workshop.

  The cost of the workshop has been estimated to be around $8.00 per book. It may even cost less than that, I will have more information as to the exact price per book closer to the evening of the workshop. The price does include all supplies & materials, everything needed to put one together. You will not need to bring any supplies or materials.

  If you are interested in viewing what a 'squash' book looks like, send me an email off-list & I will send you pictures of the two I made before. They are really easy & fun to make. I actually put together two in one evening (including the stamping of one sheet that was cut up & used).

  Regardless, as I mentioned before, I will need a head count before hand of individuals that will attend this workshop so that Deanna may get the 'sets' prepared in time well enough before hand. This really is a fun workshop!

  Please send the following info to:  bertasdragonfly at yahoo.com
  ~ Mundane/SCA name
  ~ How many books you would like to order
      (FYI - priced by the each, not by the workshop)
  ~ Contact Phone #; email addy if other than one using

  I will keep everyone interested posted as to the price of the workshop off-line, so that it doesn't tie up RF list traffic. If anyone has any questions, please contact me.

  with regards & in service, I remain,
  HE Chrystal Ariana MacRuari/Roberta J. Allen

"Noli simul flare sorbereque"  - Plautus, Mostellaria, 79