[Ravensfort] site work update

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 12 11:46:18 PDT 2006

Heilsa all...

Please find attached below this letter a list of things to accomplish out at
the V-Bar (Dorrell) Ranch.

I will be back in Huntsville and will work on the site during the two weeks
prior to this year's Defender. In the mean time...the co-Stewards of
Defender can use all the assistance they can get to make this event a
success for the Barony. The Baron and Baroness, the Officers, and Stewards
of Defender have my complete support and I will work on the site to assist
them in making the site a beautiful place for this year's Defender.

I will do any of the heavy mowing that needs to be finished, kill ants, haul
wood/limbs/trees that remain to be moved, set up barriers and barrier tape,
string rope, set up the lights and fans in the kitchen, etc...and any thing
else the Stewards need for me to do upon my return.

With hard work and co-operation this Defender can be the best ever.

Your good neighbor...

Kief

-----List of Stuff To Do as of the 21 JULY 2006 site evaluation-----------

KILLING WASPS in all Baronal buildings...

The owners are building a new gate! Sooooo....

We'll use the old gate or a cattle panel connected to the cattle guard to
enable us to keep the gate open during the event... This can wait until my
return if ya'll wish.

The CATTLE GUARD needs to be cleaned / dug out again. Good old shovel and
hoe work.

Cleaning the WATER TANK & BARRELS.

Re-set and repaint LIST FIELD POSTS (as needed)

We need THREE (3) 65 lb COUNTER WEIGHTS for the kitchen and storeroom doors.
It would be cool to have these weights adjustable...

Inspect and R&R (if needed) the hoses, spigots, and shower heads on the
SHOWERS. Clean around and repair/paint as needed.

(We still have 5 gallons of WHITE farm paint and at least 2 gallons of RED
farm paint. STEWARDS contact me for location!)

Make sure the CHILDREN'S PLAY STATION is free from defects, dammage, and
insects.

Clean out the KITCHEN - I have a string of lights and there are small fans,
an inverter and marine battery will be available. I would be good to have at
least two other deep cycle batteries to power the lights and fans. Who else
has one (two)?

Two BFT's need to be taken out and inspected, winches and wire rope needs to
be inspected. Tent poles and states need to be counted.

The CHANGING ROOMS near the kitchen needs curtain rods, curtains,
benches/chairs, and hooks for hanging clothes. Insect inspection please...

Work on the STONES...(already mentioned! yea Mirabelis!)

Set up the new BARDIC PERFORMANCE AREA...I'll work on this when I get
back...(This can be a real showcase folks...!)

Set up new B&B CAMPING AREA near the new Bardic Performance Area (the old
camping spot is under dangerous dead and dying limbs.

CLEARING FIRE RING around the BONFIRE STACK...(Just in case we can burn the
stack...IF there is not a burn ban on)

Cleaning the entry road, cutting back limbs and vines on the entry road.

Make sure that all private camps are tidy and boundries are marked.

Killing of ants, wasps, and termites in and around the site is actively
encouraged.

PLEASE REMEMBER that we are the GUESTS of the Dorrells and the Rohes... The
site can be accessed ONLY on scheduled workdays or after gaining permission
to access the site for site improvement. Thank you for your consideration.

Wæs Þu Hæl in TroÞ and FriÞ...!
Kief
"Better the Hammer than the nail..."