[Ravensfort] We're Now Pausing for Heraldic Identification

kclement at verizon.net kclement at verizon.net
Fri Jul 28 00:49:03 PDT 2006

Lord Gregor Elfingstone here.

OYEZ!  OYEZ!
HEAR YE!  HEAR YE!
HEY NOW! WHAT'S ALL THIS THEN!?

I may have gotten a bit carried away with that last one.

Still, how can I not get excited!  It's time for Defender of the Fort!

Yes, friends, in our humble barony of Raven's Fort, we will soon be hosting a
weekend of fighting, singing, artistry, and many other implements of
merriment.

"But wait!"  you may ask.   "I've been paying attention to the lists, the
Black Star, and the Ansteorra Calandar!   I already know all about the wonder
that is Defender of the Fort!  Why are you telling me about it?"

Go ahead and ask, I'll wait.

(playing medieval muzak)

I'm glad you asked me that.  I'll tell you why!
Because EVERYONE needs to know about what's going on.  Especially during the
event itself!
That's why I, Gregor Elfingstone, am putting out the call for All Heralds to
join me during Defender of the Fort, to help call out the fighters during the
Chivalric and Rapier lists, to make announcements, and to cry the camps.

I'm looking for a few good gentles whose voices are anything but.
gentle, that is.

Also, if you've always admired the dashing, debonaire, and (dare I say it)
downright charming way that heralds have, this is also your chance!
I'll be looking for novice heralds who want to see how cool it really is to
yell things at total strangers and have them thank you for it.

So, contact me or just look me up on Saturday.  I'm looking forward to it.

Yours in Service to the EHBS (Emergency Heraldic Broadcasting System),
Gregor.