[Ravensfort] Fwd: [Ansteorra-announce] Tragedy at Gulf Wars 15

Ashlin Chrystal ashlin_c at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 09:12:20 PST 2006

Carolle Ternus <cternus at texas.net> wrote:   From: "Carolle Ternus" <cternus at texas.net>
To: <Bjornsborg at yahoogroups.com>,
"announce" <ansteorra-announce at ansteorra.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:31:42 -0600
CC:
Subject: [Ansteorra-announce] Tragedy at Gulf Wars 15

Greetings,

As some of you may know, a young lady from Bjornsborg, Giuliana Catarina della Luna, mka Meghan Siobhan Baxter, took suddenly ill once on site Sunday night at Gulf Wars. She lapsed into a coma from which she never awoke and was pronounced dead Friday at noon. The family is still awaiting word from the coroner in Jackson, Mississippi as to results from the autopsy. As of now, no one knows what precipitated her attack.

Her family wishes to express their profound appreciation and thanks for the many, many offers of support and good wishes, as well as monetary donations, from the good people at Gulf Wars 15. Ansteorra and the rest of the SCA is filled with good, generous people, who donated approximately $2200 dollars to Meghan's family to help with medical costs. Donations came from individuals and groups from all over Ansteorra and the other kingdoms present at Gulf Wars. There is also a fund-raising effort going on in Bjornsborg.

The family wishes to let everyone know that Memorial services for Meghan will be this Saturday, 3pm, at Mission Park South Funeral Chapel, at 1700 South East Military Drive in San Antonio, TX 78214. Friends and family will be in attendance.

Once more details regarding her illness and death are known, we will post them.

Godwyn and I wish to thank everyone on behalf of the family, ourselves and our barony for the help, love and concern shown by everyone who has learned of this tragedy.

Mistress Radegund of Tours and Master Godwyn Alfricson
Baroness and Baron of Bjornsborg