No subject

Sun May 28 19:24:31 PDT 2006

>From: Carolle <cternus at texas.net>
>To: David Seguin <davids at pbpus.com>,   Lady Elsebetha von Hoffmann of
>Thuein <mythrial at hotmail.com>,   Cathy Oldham <cathyo at rocketmail.com>,
>Esobella <Mlkquilts1 at aol.com>,   charlotte epps <lizardkeep at hotmail.com>,
>Scot and Domino Eddy <domino7 at texas.net>,   Rachel Worthington
><riane72 at hotmail.com>,   "lyonsden at htcomp.net" <lyonsden at htcomp.net>,
>Lady Melissa <mdb1771 at unix.tamu.edu>
>Subject: [Fwd: FW: First Annual AEthelmearc Pennsic Bardic Slam]
>Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:19:52 -0500
>
>Psst.  Pass it on.
>
>Radegund

Please help me spread the word.

Thanks,
Charla

Visit iWon.com - the Internet's largest guaranteed cash giveaway! Click
here now for your "Thank You" gift:
http://www.iwon.com/giftcenter/0,2612,,00.html?t_id==20157

From: "Michael B. Greenstein" <greenstein at stargate.net>
To: <moas at ansteorra.org>
Subject: First Annual AEthelmearc Pennsic Bardic Slam
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:22:15 -0400

Greetings unto Mistress Charla Noel du Lac, Minister of Arts and Sciences o=
f Ansteorra, from Lord Michael Alewright, Sylvan Bard of AEthelmearc.  I am=
 trying to spread the word as widely as possible of a bardic competition (w=
ith a twist) at Pennsic, and I beg your assistance in this endeavor.  Would=
 you be kind enough to notify the bards of Ansteorra who may be attending P=
ennsic of this activity?

Please note that the rules and procedures described below are subject to ch=
ange, as they await final approval from Their Sylvan Majesties of AEthelmea=
rc.  I will attempt to arrange publication of a finalized set of rules in t=
he Pennsic newspaper (whatever it will be called this year).

I greatly appreciate any assistance you may render.

Regards,
Michael

AEthelmearc's First Annual Pennsic Bardic Slam

Do you have what it takes? The Kingdom of =C6thelmearc is pleased to announ=
ce the first annual Pennsic Bardic Slam, on Thursday, August 16, beginning =
at 8:00 p.m. in =C6thelmearc Royal encampment.  All bards of the Known Worl=
d are welcome to participate, and everyone else is welcome simply to enjoy.=
  Bring your ORIGINAL poetry, songs and stories, bring yourself (and a chai=
r, if you wish), and bring your attitude.

For the performers, there is one-and only one-standard: impress the judges.=
  The competition will be judged by five audience members, randomly selecte=
d at the beginning of the competition, each of whom will rate performances =
on a scale from 0.0 to 10.0.  The middle three scores, added together, will=
 be the score for the performance.  Pieces may not be longer than five minu=
tes in length.

Round 1 is open to all.  The top ten performers of Round 1 (determined by h=
ighest score) will enter Round 2, and must perform a second original piece =
(still limited to 5 minutes), which will be scored as in Round 1.  The top =
three performers of Round 2 enter Round 3, and perform a third original pie=
ce.  Round 3 will be scored differently: the entire audience decides!  Each=
 audience member will get a piece of candy, which (at the end of Round 3) w=
ill go into the bowl for his or her favorite performer.  Ties at all levels=
 will be broken by duels of (nearly) extemporaneous limericks.

A signup sheet will be at the A&S tent until late on Thursday afternoon.  Y=
ou do not have to sign up in advance to enter, but those who do get to go f=
irst.  The competition is open to new entrants until the conclusion of Roun=
d 1.