To Detlef, Re: [Ravensfort] Festival of the Phoenix

kclement at verizon.net kclement at verizon.net
Tue May 2 04:23:34 PDT 2006

Good luck with your cool scholarly endeavors.  Please let us all know how it
went.

Gregor

>From: herrdetlef at aol.com
>Date: Mon May 01 09:45:14 CDT 2006
>To: ravensfort at ansteorra.org
>Subject: [Ravensfort] Festival of the Phoenix

>Greetings all! In case I don't have time or just flat out forget to do it
between now and then, I wanted to wish you all a big success this weekend at
the Festival of the Phoenix.  Unfortunately, I will not be attending, since I
will be in Kalamazoo, MI hanging out with medievalists from all over the world
(41st International Congress on Medieval Studies). I present my paper 6:30
p.m. our time on Thursday evening.  The title of my paper is "The Role of
Hagiography in the Conversion of Western Europe."  If you have any positive
vibrations to send my way, please do!  This is my first conference, and I'm
already overwhelmed!  There's no telling how many sessions are scheduled!  I
finished drafting my paper this past Saturday, but I'm sure I will be doing
spot revisions off and on until the time I present. I have been looking at all
the events planned for this weekend and I really am sorry to miss it!  You
guys have fun, and remember to wear sunscreen! Detlef