[Ravensfort] OT - Origami scrapbook workshop, May 11th, RSVP asap

Berta Allen bertasdragonfly at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 14:49:33 PDT 2006

Greetings to the list, (please pardon the 'mundane' overtones...)

  Thursday, May 11th (tomorrow evening) from 6pm - 10pm, there will be a workshop at the Fire Station #2 (here in Huntsville, where we have our monthly populace mtgs) to learn how to make what are sometimes called 'squash' books (also 'accordian' books, 'origami' books, etc) These books may be used as scrapbooks, autograph books, just about anything you can find a use for & once you learn how to construct one, you can make them any size you want or need.

    I will need a head count by 10:00pm this evening. If you are interested & haven't RSVP'd me yet, please do so!  This really is a fun workshop!
  If anyone has any questions, please contact me off-list.

    Please send the following info to:  bertasdragonfly at yahoo.com or call me at home this evening before 10:00pm: 936-293-1527
  ~ Mundane/SCA name
  ~ How many books you would like to order
      (FYI - priced by the each, not by the workshop)
  ~ Contact Phone #; email addy if other than one using

  The lady running the workshop, Deanna Irwin is a former co-worker of mine & she also does 'Closer to my Heart' scrap booking & stamping which is a supplier of scrap booking/stamping supplies & materials.

  I have asked her to find as 'period-looking paper' as possible (jewel tone; hand made looking; medieval/renaissance looking, etc) The fee for this workshop will be determined by the paper she is able to find. She will have 'sets' pre-made so that all we do is put them together. She will also have written instructions so that you may create your own set from scratch later. We will need an RSVP from anyone interested in attending this workshop.

  The cost of the workshop has been estimated to be around $8.00 per book. It may even cost less than that. The price does include all supplies & materials, everything needed to put one together. You will not need to bring any supplies or materials.

  with regards & in service, I remain,
  HE Chrystal Ariana MacRuari/Roberta J. Allen

"Noli simul flare sorbereque"  - Plautus, Mostellaria, 79