[Ravensfort] Festival of the Phoenix

herrdetlef at aol.com herrdetlef at aol.com
Mon May 1 07:45:14 PDT 2006

Greetings all!

In case I don't have time or just flat out forget to do it between now and then, I wanted to wish you all a big success this weekend at the Festival of the Phoenix.  Unfortunately, I will not be attending, since I will be in Kalamazoo, MI hanging out with medievalists from all over the world (41st International Congress on Medieval Studies).

I present my paper 6:30 p.m. our time on Thursday evening.  The title of my paper is "The Role of Hagiography in the Conversion of Western Europe."  If you have any positive vibrations to send my way, please do!  This is my first conference, and I'm already overwhelmed!  There's no telling how many sessions are scheduled!  I finished drafting my paper this past Saturday, but I'm sure I will be doing spot revisions off and on until the time I present.

I have been looking at all the events planned for this weekend and I really am sorry to miss it!  You guys have fun, and remember to wear sunscreen!

Detlef