[Ravensfort] brodermarch melees security

Brian du Val cobalt60 at consolidated.net
Sat Nov 11 08:08:38 PST 2006

Hello and well met,
Some of you have heard that the barony of Raven's Fort is helping the barony of Bordermarch with security at Bordermarch Autumn Melees (BAM). I have been asking members at populace and officers to volunteer and assist with this and have only had a few volunteers. Bordermarch has helped out Raven's Fort many times and as I have stated before WE need to return the favor!

    I am sending this e-mail out to those who I think would want to help but may not have heard the request for assistance.
We need help with security at BAM. Can you help?

If you are a merchant you could help watch the merchants area and have one of the security radios in your pavilion to contact security for help.

if you are planning to be at the melee area through out the day you could have a radio to contact security if there is a problem.

if you are a constant "rover" who likes to be helpful and visit with folks and don't mind having a radio on hand to call security we sure could use some help.

I have the following items to help run security:

six small two way radios with ear buds and voice activated microphones.  just like on my cell phone.
two fire extinguishers,  a fully charged heavy duty jump starter, a Q-beam and a pavilion for our security point.
two security MAG flash lights, a table and propane burner and pot for hot water for beverages.

I am looking for a golf cart and a few more flash lights.

I know that this e-mail is long and a bit last minute, but I hoped that it would not have to come down to this.
I need help with this commitment to Bordermarch. They have supported Raven's Fort more times than I can count.
Allot of good folk call Raven's Fort home. More so than the ones who live in our borders.

I thank you for your time.
please e-mail me with your interest. I will have a roster at BAM for any one who wishes to help.

                            YIS, your brother, kinsman and friend,

                            Baron Brian du Val