[Ravensfort] ME Documentation tips and sources

trisha marlowe sillyzills at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 20 09:15:59 PDT 2006

Greetings unto the list,
  I would first like to say that I had a wonderful time at Defender last
weekend.  It had been a couple of years since Alaric and I could make it.
It was good to see faces I hadn't seen in ages and it was an appropriate
place to remember a wonderful man with good friends.  I thank everyone who
participated in the event and made it so special, you all are wonderful!!
  As some of you may know, I am the current Middle Eastern Dance Champion of
Ansteorra and one of my charges in this position is running this year's
competition.  It will be held Saturday night at Bordermarch Autumn Melees
(Nov 16-20).  www.bordermarch.org/Melees  I have a website up for the
competition at www.sillyzills.com that includes info about the contest and
pics of last year's competition.
  This year I have decided to require documentation in order to be able to
enter the competition.  I feel a competion that is Kingdom wide deserves no
less.  I have heard through the grapevine that my decision has made people
nervous, and they may not enter the competition because of it.  This makes
me sad.  What I am asking the Barony at this time is for people to check
their bookmarks, etc. for tips and guidance on how to compile documentation
in general.  They need not be Middle Eastern specifically.  I had my
bookmarks that I used last year for my documentation but, sadly, I lost them
all when our computer crashed.  So if the populace could be so kind as to
help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it!!  I plan on updating
the sillyzills site and posting on various lists a compilation of sources to
encourage people and help them get over "the fear".  My first attempt at
documentation was the competition last year.  I made a last minute decision
to enter.  It took me 3 days to get it together the week before the contest,
so if I can do it I know others can.
  I thank you all in advance for any assistance you could lend me with this.
  I look forward to populace and seeing some of you at BAM.
  ~*~ tareija