[Ravensfort] Clean Water - Clean Barrels

byzytym byzytym at charter.net
Fri Sep 8 11:50:08 PDT 2006

Greetings all,

At last night's populace meeting Baron Brian requested that I be in charge of filling the site barrels with clean water.  I would like to completely finish the job on Saturday (rain or shine) as I have other fish to fry on Sunday.

Before the barrels can be filled with clean water, the barrels themselves must be cleaned.  I, personally, have not looked into the barrels so I do not know how big of a job that will be.  It may take a bit of time as there are quite a few barrels on the platform behind the kitchen.   Someone suggested that a carwash wand set on water only might work well.  That would mean moving all the barrels off site.  Does anyone know how it has been done in the past ?

 Mundane tasks will prevent me from arriving on site till noonish on Saturday.  I have arranged for two trailers to haul water so the "fill time" should be shortened, but I don't think I have enough time in the afternoon to BOTH clean and fill the barrels.

If someone could volunteer to spearhead cleaning the barrels IN THE MORNING on Saturday... they would earn my undying thanks and the thanks of event goers that aren't saying, "The water smells funny".  Any takers ????

Thanks for the hard work that everyone has already done.  The site is looking PDG.

Pax,
Marivs

"What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul ?"

P.S.   Something I use to do when I had a pickup truck was keep two full barrels and the pump in the bed during the events for a firetruck.  Anyone with a truck that will be on site Friday through Sunday want to play fireman ?