[Ravensfort] FW: Live Performance by Whirling Dervishes of Rumi

HOFFPAUIR, DAVID R ENV_DRH at shsu.edu
Tue Apr 3 12:03:13 PDT 2007

Another announcement that may be of interest.

National Geographic is dangerous.  I tried this once when I was a kid.
Put a flower pot on my head and spun around in circles for, like, 10
minutes...  Then I puked...  Just wasn't meant to be my kind of praying.

dsd

David R. Hoffpauir
Program Development Associate
Incident Command Simulation Training Center,
Bill Blackwood Law Enforcement Management Institute of Texas,
College of Criminal Justice,
Sam Houston State University,
Huntsville Tx 77341-3926
936-294-4995
www.incosit.org

 ---------

On Saturday, April 21, 2007 at 07:00 p.m. in Houston and on Wednesday,
April 25, 2007 at 07:00 p.m. in College Station, there are live
demonstrations by Whirling Dervishes of Rumi. Unesco declares 2007 as
the year of Rumi who is a world-wide known poet and lived in 1207-1273.
With a special technique, these dervishes have been turning around
themselves for many hours without falling down. Their revolves represent
the revolving world, electrons, protons, and neutrons.

www.whirlingdervishes.org
www.ticketmaster.com <http://www.ticketmaster.com/>