[Ravensfort] Stargate Baronial report

m meaux m_meaux05 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 07:00:07 PDT 2007

As I sit here drinking a splendid cup of coffee, I began to recollect on the events of yesterday.  My words may be plain, but with hopes you can envision the scene anyway.

First off, I would like to thank everyone who was so kind to my mother.  It was her first SCA event and she expressed much delight.  It was refreshing to see the event through her eyes.

We made our way to the List Field to find Baron Brian and stopped in front of the Raven's Fort pavilion to visit with Lord Gregor and m'lord Terrance.  After a wonderful discussion on Heraldry and inspiration, we parted company.

Our next stop was at the Tavern where the smell of savory meats surrounded you.  Many people were dining on these wonderous fare.  There were games and the most wonderful company.  HE Brian and the lovely Amelia were in attendance.  Lord Gregor and my Lord Jean-Michel joined us.  My mother expressed interest in the Champions on the field and was greatly concerned for their welfare.

HL Gerald of Leesville (sp?) entered as a light breeze began to blow.  He regaled us with many tunes on flute and recorder.  The afternoon was beautiful sitting in a Tavern surrounded by good friends, food and music.

Unfortunately, we made our way home before the end of the evening Court and missed the Feast.

What a wonderful event!

In service,
Lady Mary of Axefoot