[Ravensfort] The 25th Defender...last Fighter Practice and...A word

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 22:43:34 PDT 2007

Heilsa Lord Erich....

Indeed...a Grand Event to plan for...The 25th Defender of the Fort...*smile*
It certainly does need to be done correctly...as the whole Kingdom will be
watching to see the Glory of the Barony of Raven's Fort. The Saga of it may
well be sung for years to come...!! I have every confidence that it will
happen exactly as planned...Grand Tournaments...wonderous
competitions...Displays of Equestrian skill...Bardic talent... A hearty and
delicious Feast...! And a Court to remember...! Dancing...Drumming...perhaps
a bonfire...a good Revel indeed...*bigger grin*

Oh...this past Sunday's Fighter Practice at Kate Barr Ross Park was very
cool...I got to meet some newcomers/new fighters...instruct them and other
newish fighters on some of the finer points of Hardshell combat, talk with
my squire Lord Balda, discuss the upcoming Defender event with Baron Brian,
and discuss varied aspects of philosophy with some folks for several
hours...*grin*...all in all it was a *great* gathering in the park...wish
all of the good folk of this Barony could have been there too... I'll
certainly be attending more often when I'm not out on the road working...

As regards the issue of a single word, Lord Erich, single words oft times
have great power...it depends on who utters them...how they are
presented...the spirit in which they are offered. It always follows that
others use those single words to represent many things...it all depends on
one's perspective.

In Service to the SCA, Ansteorra, and the Barony of Raven's Fort...

Your good neighbor...

Wæs Þu Hæl in TroÞ and FriÞ...!
Kief
"Better the Hammer than the nail..."