[Ravensfort] Site Work Results

Dan Smith Jr alaric at consolidated.net
Sun Jul 29 19:54:20 PDT 2007

I am very pleased with the results we achieved this weekend.  We accomplished our main two goals and added a few extras.  Here is what we did :

1.  Painted the kitchen and storage shed.  Removed the mold (temporarily, of course) from the siding on the kitchen.  Killed wasps in the kitchen (At last count, Marius and I were tied 2 / 2.  Keep in mind he had the advantage of his +3 Fedora of Destruction).
2.  Cleaned up / removed debris around the kitchen area.  Often while whistling the theme from "Sanford and Son".
3.  Cleaned up / centralized the firewood around the kitchen area.  Created an orderly stack near the kitchen (and off the ground a few inches).
4.  Did a preliminary removal of lemon trees on the Equestrian field.  All chopped smoothly and below the ground level.  Thank you, Pace'.  I have your gloves.
5.  Did a preliminary mowing of the list field and kitchen area.  Early, but in hopes that it will make those areas extra-nice for the event.  Thanks Balda for bringing out your Deere.
6.  Moved a lot of limbs to the bonfire area.  Cut up the big limb near Sweincamp.
7.  Ate some good sammiches and extremely yummy watermelon.  Hands down, PB&J is the preferred sandwich of Ravensfort.
8.  Had lots of laughs.  Sweated.  Lived, loved, learned.  Mr. Rodgers would be proud...

I would like to thank each of you that came out and made this weekend the success it was :

Pace'
Balda
Lowtar
Tareija
Devin
Marius
Dominique
Zorcon
Mary
Jeremy
DsD
Michelle
Plachoya
Jalali
Latham
Malcolm

And a special thanks to Mary Canary for coming out Friday night and helping make 40 sammiches of various flavors.  She made me wear lipstick and a special apron.

Our next official Site Work Day will be August the 11th and 12th, two weeks from now.  Please mark your calendars and prepare to sweat.  I'll bring the pom-poms.

Till then,   Alaric