[Ravensfort] Online vs paper newsletters

Racheal racheal.no.ansteorra at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 06:45:02 PDT 2007

Hello

It actually does not save money. If you have the newsletters being paid for
by the populace...you can sometimes break even. I would look at how many
subscribers I had and base my budget on that. And I would work my 5 extra to
be handed out to newcomers into that budget.  Now, I am having to print
10-20 copies per month and the shire has to pay for it.  And all of those
copies are given away for free.

The one thing you need to remember when you are doing an online newsletter -
not everyone has access to the internet AND/OR some people do not like using
computers so they want a hard copy.  I have one lady that she does access
the online but still wants a hard copy to keep in the car with her so she
can reference it to make sure where/when the meetings are.

It was decided to go online by populace vote.  Actually, I was/am against
it. But this is my personal opinion.

What is the opinion of the other members of Raven's Fort?  Inquiring minds
want to know...  : )

Racheal