[Ravensfort] FW: Blue Moon

byzytym byzytym at charter.net
Wed Jun 13 23:41:17 PDT 2007

The blue moon happens to fall on a Saturday.  I would think it would be a
shame to let that go to waste since the nearest Kingdom event listed online
is in Midland.

It would be nice if we could... ( and this is just dreaming now )
Open The Stones for overnight camping and do a pot luck supper like we did
at the Un-event.  People could use the day to work on the site or just sit
around and visit.  I would be willing to donate a prize or three if someone
has ideas for competitions.  We could even do a "Rolling Bones for
Treasures" like we did at the Blue Moons of yore.

Failing being allowed to use The Stones...
Saint David has graciously offered his place.  We can easily move most
everything there.   It is immediately adjacent to The Stones which would
make it very easy to find.  It is a beautiful green right now with plenty of
wonderful camping and fighting space.  There is electric, but at either
place we would have to rent a Port-a-potty.

An extra attraction that could be utilized at Blue Moon is what I like to
call...
"It Takes A Village... To Make A Really Good Fire"
or
"Ames Dunum Still Burns In Our Hearts".
Saint David and I are constructing several simple buildings with roofs out
of sections of old wooden fence which are already at his place.  If there is
no fire ban, we plan on torching it all at dusk for photos of fighters with
a burning village and woods in the background.  It should make quite a show
and some great shots.  There is a lot of space and water at Saint David's
but if it is too dry, it will be postponed.

Anyway, it could be a positive, productive, lazy, interesting, creative, fun
weekend for the Home Team and our friends.  If you think you might like to
see this get off the ground contact the Baron & Baroness or this list.  In
order to have enough time to arrange for the mundane there needs to be a
thumbs up or down on this soon.  It is a small "un-event", but who ever
autocrats will need a couple of weeks advance notice at least.

Pax,
MARIVS

"What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul
?"