[Ravensfort] This Sunday 9-2-07

byzytym byzytym at charter.net
Sat Sep 1 22:54:12 PDT 2007

I wish I could join you to help with the scrolls, but time and distance
makes it hard for me to participate in as many things as I'd like.

I can, however, report that the mowing is moving forward at the site.  Saint
David and I (mostly DSD) did a bit more today.  The list-field is ready for
push mowers, but there is still a great deal left to cut in the meadows.  We
were told that one of the owners larger tractors will be ready for next week
and I believe that Lord Pace will be bringing his brush-hog out as well.

The land owners have been doing some clearing with a dozer and there is a
large pile that they would like for us to burn at the event.  We've not
received this much rainfall since 1942 so the wet ground in the
low down should make it easy to accommodate them.

The painting of the kitchen windows is moving forward as well.  Kitsune,
Saint David and I will be projecting and drawing ravens (past and present)
on to the already painted white circles tomorrow night.  When the black is
filled in we should have a nice record of the evolution of our Baronial
symbol.  Thanks for the suggestion Lord Autocrat.

The site is looking very neat and tidy thanks to the efforts of the
Autocrat, Lord Alaric, & his lovely wife and all the helpers.  The Swinesign
looks especially awesome.  It is amazing how quickly things can get done
when everyone pulls together as a team.

Defender is less than two weeks away.  It's time to shift it into high gear.
I hope lots of you can find the time to make it to the scroll painting and
the work days next weekend.  We love our Barony, let's show it.

Pax,
MARIVS

"what shall it profit a man,
if he shall gain the whole world,