[Ravensfort] My first event

Runa of The Thundering Herd runa.herd at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 18 20:14:50 PDT 2007

Defender was my very first SCA event.

Due to a small red rocket dog that had neck surgery I was only able to be there Saturday evening and night.  Because I have 2 Large furred beasties and one small  Jester dog I had to have a dog sitter.  (I love my neighbors).

Everyone that I had met at various meetings and actually recognized me in garb were extremely pleasant and helpful.  I am so ready to go to the next event that I am swooning in anticipation.

I was able to offer a sharp knife for use by the Amazons but the male chickened out and removed the offending garment.

I will never be able to face a kielbasa without snickering.

So now I have a tent, garb (more garb to follow-to heck with unpacking moving boxes), my flickering solar tiki lights and will take more than one camera!  Guess I need to learn how to use the new sewing machine so I can just embroider the trim onto my gowns.  Next time I will wear some of my Kuchi loot.

>From what little I saw I think that when I grow up I would like to be a member of the Amazon tribe since I can't be a Sweinbrothar (wrong parts attached to me).

Runa (who was truly impressed and is still full from feast)