[Ravensfort] Is all of Raven's Fort ok??

Berta Allen bertasdragonfly at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 13:29:01 PDT 2007

All is getting back to as it was this morning in Huntsville, slowly but surely.  Thank you for the concern!

  I was driving back from The Woodlands when I noticed a Walker Co Sheriff on the access road, standing behind his open car door with his gun out with about 15 cars stopped behind him... "What the &*^%?!?!?" Then I saw the red truck on the feeder road (thought it was a fire truck with the gold stripe...) & lights flashing all over the place.  I "almost" went back around on I-45 to check it out, but went on to work to find someone in the know with Huntsville PD, Walker Co or DPS, thinking it was something REALLY big.  Then it dawned on me, I bet it's an escapee...

  Anyway, sorry to report one of the CO's at the Wynne Unit died while trying to stop their escape.
  We get better info from the Houston online paper than Huntsville anything.

  http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou070924_mh_wynnescapees.106500715.html

  regards,
  ~Chrystal~
  PS - I'd like to compare notes with what you have DsD regarding all of this...

"HOFFPAUIR, DAVID R" <ENV_DRH at shsu.edu> wrote:
                It appears that the second inmate has been apprehended (campus e-mail blitz). I was just over in the middle of it all trying to evaluate the emergency response and slip in to observe at the Incident Command Post  (a bright idea of my boss).  Aside from helicopters, road-blocks, and media everywhere, there wasn’t much to evaluate.

  Thanks for the concern.

  Regards,
  DSD

  David R. Hoffpauir
  Incident Command Simulation Training Center,
  Bill Blackwood Law Enforcement Management Inst of Texas
  College of Criminal Justice
  Sam Houston State University
  Huntsville, Tx 77340